Thursday, April 30, 2009

i hate to cry


(Here is your daily Eloise.)
no really, like spent 4 years refusing to see a romantic comedy, any episodes of ER, or anything on TLC, kind of hate. The kind of hate that would drive a girl to disallow any and all music except Ani DiFranco (the angry years) and Fiona Apple. This string of overtly hostile years was finally crushed out of existence upon becoming pregnant. No longer could I avoid cry triggers, because the front porch could bring it on. I share this so that anyone who was not present during those years will understand how ridiculous it is that I keep watching the trailer for "My Sisters Keeper". I watch, I cry, I try to stay away, but it is almost as addictive as the trailer for "Funny People".
also of note, I hereby declare fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter from market street a trigger food. It is like the vodka* of peanut butters. I can no longer have it in my house.

*vodka was my beverage of choice back in the days of poor choices.

No comments: