Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Missing Tree


My best friend from LA has started a blog. Well, one post does not a blog make, but she is moving in that direction. Let me tell you about my Tree. When I met her, she was a part-time stand up comic is an awkward relationship with an asshole actor/comic. He was married, she lived with her mother, ya know Hollywood. I was recently single, working at a Malibu rehab and running away from my dysfunctional apartment. We met for coffee in Venice after following each others myspace accounts. I thought she was dressed a bit slutty(I was right), she thought I could stand to lose a few pounds(she was right), we smoked and drank coffee and were soon inseparable.
This did not amuse my roomate at the time who was fairly jealous of her. Anywhoo, over the next year or 2, tree-pea got a job, moved out of the rents house, got another job, dated a couple of winners, a couple of losers, I lost weight, got my own place, dated a couple of winners, a couple of losers. Tree loved me, hated my dog. I loved tree, also hated my dog, but felt guilt for it and pretended that she was being rude.
Tree is now in a stable relationship, in college, drives a vespa and is still the funniest girl I have ever met. I have more stories of good times with her than I can recount, so I think I will start writing them every so often just for shits and giggles.
5 Facts about Tree:
She is a South American by birth.
She can charm anyone, anytime, anyplace.
When she is drunk, she always tries to get me to kiss her.
She is going to be a teacher (those boys are going to crap, a teacher who was once in FHM magazine?)
I miss her desperately, she is irreplacable.

No comments: